One way to increase sales for your hotel or hotel brand is to look outside your core source market and develop new international source markets. As you think about new international source markets, you may wonder how to proceed and build a sound international sales strategy. As experienced hotel sales professionals, we’re happy to share some tips to help you develop a plan of action.
Identify Key Source Markets
Do your research first. Does your hotel brand have an international traveler tracking system? What are the key inbound markets for your hotel brand? Ask credit card and research companies what your brand’s share is in international travel. Or, ask our global team. Once you have identified your top inbound markets, select no more than five for your initial focus and plan.
Research, Research, Research
As you study your top 5 international markets, here are some questions you’ll want to consider:
- Is the market growing (India) or is it a more mature market (Germany)?
- How does the market perform through intermediaries such as travel agents and tour operators or “consumer direct”?
- What are the key market segments that would help you hotel brand most, such as MICE, or Leisure or Corporate?
- Does the source market deliver your desired market segment?
- What you are trying to find out if the international market is a good fit for your hotel brand.
Consider all the Options
Once you have decided to take the leap and begin your international sales development plan, you will likely encounter multiple challenges such as language and cultural differences as well as legal issues and contract issues. Additionally, you may find the cost of airline tickets and office space (Shanghai, London, New York) too high. And you are already busy. Your time is in high demand.
Let CWW help you navigate the international market with a global team in more than 20 countries. Whether it be for one country, or for multiple countries, we can offer a solution that meets your needs and requirements efficiently and promptly. We provide outsourced hotel sales representation services to help you attain your sales goals. Contact us to learn more about the hotel brands we’ve worked with and how we can help yours.